Feb 13, 2013 | dmatheson | 1169 views
Why Hockey Players Should Play Lacrosse...
1. Lacrosse and hockey are very similar sports
2. U.S. College scholarship opportunities in lacrosse are available
3. Hockey players excel in lacrosse
4. It's a great method to increase physical fitness in hockey's off- season
5. Team sports build self esteem, respect, integrity, & fairness
6. Lacrosse teaches leadership skills
7. It helps prevent sport burn-out by playing a new, fast-paced sport
8. A player can learn basic plays and strategies
9. A player can learn to play both offensive and defensive positions and make a quick transition from defence to offence and vice versa
10. It reinforces the importance of quickness and agility around the net Lacrosse increases hand-eye co-ordination when stick handling
11. It teaches players to play with their head up and to be more aware of their surroundings
12. Offensive scoring skills are honed by shooting at smaller targets and picking corners
13. Defensive skills are taught with individual and team concepts Lacrosse teaches the creativity of fakes, back passes, & shots
14. Lacrosse is run in 5-player units and helps the hockey player practice playing a team concept
15. It is inexpensive to equip lacrosse players as most hockey equipment can be used in lacrosse
16. It's a great way to keep your hockey team together all year round.
17. Hockey coaches teach similar strategies of team play and special teams.
18. Hockey coaches and players only have to look at players such as Gretzky, Sakic, Shanahan, Ronning, Kariya, Nieuwendyk and Oates as these great hockey players have one thing in common...they have all played lacrosse and have used the experience to enhance their hockey skills. You can share in their experience by playing lacrosse!
HOCKEY - Canada's National Winter Sport
LACROSSE -- Canada's National Summer Sport
Can you think of a better partnership?