North Perth Lacrosse Association is looking for coaches! If you are interested in coaching or becoming an assistant coach, please contact Colton Hall at [email protected].
Interested in Coaching?
Coaches must attend a one day Community Development clinic offered by the OLA, complete an online concussion awareness module, and complete a Police check.
Information on upcoming coaching clinics will be available when dates become public.
We are also looking for more trainers for 2024. Each team must have their own trainer on the bench for games and only 1 trainer can be on the bench. The following list are recognized:
1) Any St. John Ambulance Emergency First Aid course of 8 hours (or more)
2) Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid & Basic CPR course
3) Sport Alliance of Ontario/Canadian Red Cross Sport First Aid course
4) Ontario Hockey Trainer’s current certification program
5) A professional designation which includes a current letter of employment (acceptable examples: MD; RN; Police Officer, Firefighter, First Responder, Paramedic)
6) Lifesaving Society (Ontario) Standard First Aid course
7) Action First Aid Standard First Aid course
8) Rescue 7 Standard First Aid course
9) Lifesaving Society (Quebec) Emergency First Aid/AED-Sports & Recreation
10) Workplace Medical Corp Emergency First Aid/CPR/AED Awareness
11) Workplace Medical Corp Standard First Aid/CPR/AED Awareness
This important roles ensures the smooth operation of the team and allows the coaches to concentrate on lacrosse activities. The role includes:
-relaying floor times to parents, scheduling changes & helping to manage attendance
-submitting game sheets to the Zone
-assisting with tournament(s)
The parent rep will help with the above manager duties but the main role includes:
-promoting volunteer opportunities for parents and collecting volunteer hours at the end of the season
-helping to organize home game box duties (scorekeeper, time clock & shot clock)
Police checks are mandatory for coaches, trainers and some volunteers. Please contact the executive with your intent to be a coach, trainer or "floor helper" before getting this done. There is a letter to bring to your local police services on the documents page.
All coaching staff including the managers must have an approved police check completed for the playing season which they are on the bench for.
(if you have already applied for the 2024 season you need not re-apply)